Search this blog

Thursday 23 May 2013

Finding the next Sunday

I was asked to create a process to find the next Sunday from a given date.

It's a bit clunky but here is a screenshot of the Generate Attributes operator with the various calculations. It shows how much flexibility there is hidden within this operator.



I'm not sure what would happen over a year boundary so it might be worth doing some more checks in this case.

I can think of a couple of other ways this could be done but I might ask for beer or money to work out the details.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha - beer money - can I send you the beer?
    Thanks for that mate - I tried for several days to figure out an elegant solution but I probably don't have the brainpower for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer is always worth it :)

    It really isn't brainpower by the way - it's experience...

    ReplyDelete